Mounted Rubber Conical Points
- Mounted rubber conical points are used for light blending, scratch removal, deburring and polishing.
- The conical shape is particularly good for getting into as the rubber is firm and easily sharpened back to a point.
- They work particularly well on non ferrous metal.
- Particularly popular for cleaning up casting and polishing inside bores.
- Produces very little mess.
- Rubber points are impregnated throughout with abrasive grit meaning no compound is necessary.
- The 3mm/2.35mm spindle makes them suitable for use with an air tool, flexshaft machine, pendant motor, hobby drill or micromotor.
- Please check what size spindle your particular tool requires.
- Popular with all industries. Particularly used by mould tool polishers, jewellers, sculptors, hobbyists and those cleaning up castings.
Engineers normally use points on a 3mm spindle in a small hobby tool, air tool or micromotor system. These points are made of a firm rubber which stands up to a good amount of work. It can be reshaped against a file.
You will most likely require a 2.35mm spindle which should be selected from the drop down when ordering. These points are ideal for smoothing gold and silver. The grits are on the coarser side but will prepare metal well for further polishing with mops and compound.