Mounted calico polishing mop – what polishing are they used for?
These small mounded calico polishing mop are excellent for metal polishing. You would use Calico is with polishing compound to bring up a mirror finish on most prepared metal surfaces.
- Engineering – Mould Tool Polishing – many precision metal components require polishing – Use with Diamond polishing compound for very precise work.
- Jewellery making – Pendant motors are popular in this industry, using a Dremel or a pendant motor allows full control polishing into small areas. Jewellers tend to use a 2.35mm spindle. When polishing gold or Silver use these calico polishing mops with Rouge polishing compound.
- Fabrication – restoration – general metal working on any metal such as alloy wheels to ovens, basically anything which might require a polish or touch up. Use these polishing mops with the correct polishing compound (because there are different compounds to suit different metals) to reach the desired affect.
What machine do I use my mop with?
- Micro motor system – allows the best speed and torque control
- Pendant motors are powerful and reliable though they do have more vibration than Micromotors
Other Similar products to Calico polishing mop:
Large calico polishing mops for use on a polishing motor for larger items.
Felt bobs are also very popular for this style of polishing.
These mops are very popular with Jewellers because they are nice and flexible, reaching round curved forms. Hard and medium are ideal for use with cutting compound such as Apollo. The soft grade is excellent for a final finish, though you could follow with a cotton yarn mop for the ultimate bright finish.
Choose a 2.35mm spindle in 25mm diameter.