Mounted calico polishing mop – what polishing are they used for?
These small mounded calico polishing mop are excellent for metal polishing. Calico used with polishing compound will bring up a mirror finish on most prepared metal surfaces.
- Engineering – Mould Tool Polishing – many precision metal components require polishing – Use with Diamond polishing compound for very precise work.
- Jewellery making – Pendant motors are popular in this industry, using a Dremel or a pendant motor allows full control polishing inside ring and into small areas. Jewellers tend to use a 2.35mm spindle. When polishing gold or Silver use these calico polishing mops with Rouge polishing compound.
- fabrication – restoration – general metal working on any metal such as alloy wheels to ovens, basically anything which might require a polish or touch up. Use these polishing mops with the correct polishing compound (because there are different compounds to suit different metals) to reach the desired affect.
What machine do I use my mop with?
- Micro motor system – allows the best speed and toque control
- Pendant motors are powerful, reliable and easy to use however they are noisy with some vibration.
Other Similar products to Calico polishing mop:
Large calico polishing mops for use on a polishing motor for larger items.
Felt bobs are also very popular for this style of polishing.