Strong 209 Micromotor System
Strong 209 Micromotor System is an excellent value and ideal for jewellery making.
A far superior machine to a Dremel, it therefore presents a good option for beginners and professional Jewellers alike.
- Variable speed tool can be used for stone setting, polishing, drilling and grinding.
- In engineering industries this tool can be used for polishing and cleaning mould tools, de-burring machines parts. They are commonly used to deburr and remove the sharp edge of turned and machined parts.
- This micro motor system come with a foot control and variable speed control.
- Its very quiet running unlike the pendant drills, consequently it is perfect for an open plan workshop or in the home.
- Very compact and easy to transport
- The cable between handpiece and control box is very flexible and much less cumbersome than a flexible shaft of a pendant motor. This helps with delicate tasks like seat cutting for stone setting.
The Strong rotary drill comes with a choice of collet and the tool benefits from a easy open and close collet system. As a result no spanners are needed to change tooling. As a result the micromotor is very easy to use compared to a keyed chuck or standard pendant motor.
Supplied with a choice of collet size:
Either 2.35mm, 3mm or 3mm with 2.35mm reducer
The 2.35mm reducer fits inside a 3mm collet to allow 2.35mm spindles to be used.
A huge range of mounted tools can be used in this motor. from cutting, deburring, grinding, cleaning, polishing and would be suitable to work on a range of material – metals and plastics, resins etc.
We recommend as a good started kit the mounted polishing kit 56 , you’ll need to choose the 2.35mm collet.
This micromotor system is ideal for Jewellers. It deals well with small scale items and sits comfortably on kitchen tables, work benches without taking up much space. A perfect portable system for students.