Porcelain pins – How to use them for Polishing in Vibro finishing.
Use the Porcelain pins in a vibratory finishing machine for automatic polishing of metal components. These Porcelain pins act like a burnishing and softly grinding at the metal surface.
- The Porcelain pins media must be used with water as a wet process.
- For best results a good pre-polish must be achieved on the metal parts.
- The media can be used with Rosler grinding pastes for a grinding process prior to polishing RSP626 is available. or Light Grinding / polishing paste
- For superfinishing Rosler liquid compound FC120 leaves the metal surface with a bright reflective finish.
- The media is expensive but it will last!! It is important to have a flow through water system so the media is kept clean.
- Make sure your machine is full! The weight and pressure will give a better result.
- It can take time – some processes can be 6 hours especially with the grinding pastes. Polishing should take 1 -2 hours.
- Use your porcelain pins in a Rosler vibratory finishing bowls and troughs and they can also be used in high energy disc (centrifugal FKS machines)
Example of typical components to polish with Porcelain pins
- cutlery and knives
- surgical instruments
- bone implants
- bearings and bearing components
- control parts for motors (e.g. valves)
- camshafts and crankshafts
- thread leading parts of textile machines
- kitchen accessories
- fittings (especially small sanitary fittings)
- valves (slides, balls, flaps)
- stationery (ball-pen tops, clips, springs ,etc…)
- turbine blades
- braces (especially furniture industry)
- brass, decoration articles
- clock industry
For the following components and component groups, the RÖSLER Keramo-Finish® process shows positive cost advantages, reduces any health risk and shows advantages in environmental protection