Detail Polishing Kit 50
Used for polishing with compound. These little shaped points will get into a range of tight spaces, inside rings etc.
This detail polishing kit is very popular for jewellers and makes an excellent selection for the hobbyist, student or professional.
How to use
- The felts are spun against the compound to load, then worked over the metal to produce a shine or to remove scratches if a cutting compound is used.
- Depending on the metal you are working with please select the compound you require.
- Rouge for precious metals
- Blue for polishing non ferrous metal i.e aluminium, brass etc
- Brown for cutting (scratch removal) on non ferrous and precious metals
- Black for cutting (scratch removal) on ferrous metals such as steel
- Pink for polishing ferrous metal i.e steel, stainless steel etc
- Buff for polishing plastic, resin, bone, ivory etc
Used With a dremel type hobby tool, pendant drill or micromotor. Please check if your particular tool takes a 2.35mm spindle. Felts can be spun up to 20,000 rpm. Speed is important as the heat produced is what melts the compound which does the work.
Popular With Jewellers, polishers, jewellery students, hobbyists, DIY polishing, Bikers, Car Restorers, antique restorers
This a very handy kit for all forms of engineering.Choose a compound to suit the metal you are working on.
These bobs are on a 2.35mm spindle, you may wish to look at these shaped felts which are on various spindles more suited to engineering tools.
Choose the kit with either brown tripoli or rouge. This kit is an excellent set well capable of polishing a wide range of jewellery pieces, the shapes are useful on both small and large scale pieces. The felts are good for both cutting and polishing.
You may wish to buy another small 4×1” compound bar so you have a set i.e rouge and tripoli