Diamond Ceramic Stones
Diamond Ceramic Stones are used for quick cutting and are hard wearing – the sides and ends of the the stone can be used due to the diamond impregnation. The diamond allows for quick removal of sparking. Diamond is mixed into the ceramic fibres, giving a fine and even stroke pattern with excellent stock removal.
Unlike standard ceramic stones, the diamond allows cutting both on the ends and most importantly it allows cutting on the sides which the standard ceramic stones do not.
- Available in the most popular sizes of 1×2, 1×4, 1×6 and 1x10mm and now 3mm diameter.
- Available in diamond mesh sizes 200, 400 and 600.
- 200 grit offers faster cutting and quicker removal of sparking.
Diamond ceramic stones are used much like ceramic stones except they are much better suited to slots as all sides of the stone will cut – the sides of slots are easily polished.
- Useful for hand stoning and for use with reciprocators.
- Diamond ceramic stones are best used with a ceramic stone holder in the correct size for the stone.
- Round diameter stones can be used directly in the collet/chuck of a rotary tool.
- Can also be used in a reciprocatory tool.
- Particularly useful for mould tool polishing.