Clover Grinding Compound supplement other metal removal techniques such as grinding, milling, boring and EDM machining. Where these techniques alone cannot achieve the required finishing,
Clover Grinding Compound is used:
- Produce an ultra flat surface as in the lapping or gauges, valve seats, spacers and mechanical seal faces.
- Smooth out surfaces as in the lapping of tool marks from machine ways, bearing races and shaft surfaces.
- Achieve precise dimensions while maintaining smooth surfaces as in finishing gauges, tools and dies.
- Achieve perfect mating of metal parts as in lapping in of automotive and industrial valves, running-in gears, and sharpening of shear-type cutters.
- Clean surfaces without changing the topography of the surfaces as in cleaning mold cavities and die surfaces.
- Remove metal or material too hard to remove in other ways as in finishing hardened tool steel or stellite valve seats.