Clover Grinding Compound supplement other metal removal techniques such as grinding, milling, boring and EDM machining. Where these techniques alone cannot achieve the required finishing,
Clover Grinding Compound is used:
- Produce an ultra flat surface as in the lapping or gauges, valve seats, spacers and mechanical seal faces.
- Smooth out surfaces as in the lapping of tool marks from machine ways, bearing races and shaft surfaces.
- Achieve precise dimensions while maintaining smooth surfaces as in finishing gauges, tools and dies.
- Achieve perfect mating of metal parts as in lapping in of automotive and industrial valves, running-in gears, and sharpening of shear-type cutters.
- Clean surfaces without changing the topography of the surfaces as in cleaning mold cavities and die surfaces.
- Remove metal or material too hard to remove in other ways as in finishing hardened tool steel or stellite valve seats.
Abrasive pastes for the cutting, smoothing and finishing of metal surfaces, and for the precision mating of metal parts. For over 100 years Clover Compounds have helped mechanics, tool and die makers, and machine builders create precision, silky-smooth fits in machine parts, valve seats and gear teeth. Clover Compounds are formulated from silicon carbide abrasives. These compounds are classified by grit size; from very coarse to extremely fine.