Deburring, Edge Breaking, Chamfering, Cross Hole Deburring
Deburring Tools, edge breaking, chamfering, thread deburring and tricky cross hole deburring. Moleroda Finishing Systems manufacture and supply a huge range of tools for both automatic and manual deburring.
Moleroda has noticed a change in precision engineering industry. Machining centres are getting more and more complex and components are also becoming more intricate with tighter tolerances. In Medical, aerospace, automotive, oil and gas industries we find that the components have many features and are expected to be finished and burr free to a high standard.
Quick guide to our range of deburring tools :
The idea being to help you get your machined components out of the door and finished to a high standard as quickly and as economically as possible.
Hand Deburring Tools
Hand deburring tools are a very traditional method of deburring this normally occurs while the engineer is waiting for the next job to finish. We sell a range of scrapers and edge breaking tools.
- Ceramic knives – this is our biggest seller. These light weight knives leave a very smooth finish on aluminium, brass and plastics. They are also much safer than using metal scrapers and scalpel blades.
- Twist in wire – for cross hole deburring and bore cleaning.
- Glass and brass pencils – these little scratch pencils are great for brushing and removing burrs down slots.
- A good old file – diamond files, needle files and shaped Riffler files are a workshop must have.
Rotary deburring tools for edge breaking
General deburring tools for sharp edges and burrs in holes – many people use an air pencil grinder with carbide burrs but we are trying to move our customers away from this. Most components when they reach the deburring bench are already of high value, there is no need to attack it with a cutting tool – Is the scrap bin looking full! This is also a two-step process 1. Carbide burr 2. A scotchbrite hand pad to improve the surface finish.
Our method of deburring tools – one step – use an abrasive which will not damage the part, which will remove the burr cleanly and leave a good bright surface finish. – MX, Unitized or our Nylon wheels will do this job. Saving time and money.
- MX GFX points – these cotton hard bonded points are excellent for edge breaking on steel and stainless steel, cuts well and leaves a great finish.
- Unitized – can be used on any metal, leaves a good finish, can be shaped to fit the application. Cheaper than MX points but similar product.
- Nylon Abrasive wheels – we have 9 scotchbrite grades so from plastic, rubber, to Inconel and hard steels these will work for you, deburring and blending machine lines. Our biggest international sellers. These deburring tools can also be used in bores and on threads.
- Carbide burrs – How heavy is the burr! If you need to cut it off then burrs are the best of the job. Make sure your tools is running fast enough for a smoother cut and finish.
- Pink points – we offer a good range of shapes – particularly the ball shapes are good for deburring break holes in one hit.
- Rubber points – for plastic and aluminium light points that leave a brighter finish.
MX Mounted Points – Abrasive points for grinding and blending metal£31.75 – £45.54 incl VAT Select options
Mounted Unitized Points£18.00 – £27.48 incl VAT Select options
Mounted Abrasive Nylon Wheels for polishing, cleaning and deburring£6.05 – £17.70 incl VAT Select options
Quick Change discs – Surface Conditioning (Abrasive nylon)£56.84 – £135.68 incl VAT Select options
Abrasive Mounted Points – W Parallel shape Pink Vitrified points£12.83 – £16.60 incl VAT Select options
F-Shape (Tree – Radius)£6.48 – £10.42 incl VAT Select options
Mounted Rubber Points W-Shape£9.00 – £17.82 incl VAT Select options
Abrasive Caps (Jiffy Caps)£50.33 – £80.52 incl VAT Select options
Tools for Deburring Threads
Internal or external threads can be tricky. A flexible tool is important to hit the top and bottom of the thread. We have a range of deburring tools for threads:
- Radial discs – a plastic flap wheel the 19mm are great for fine thread and the 80g is good on aluminium and light burrs on stainless. can be used for polishing threads - down to 1 micron.
- Abrasvie Buff Balls - These come in a range of grits so suitable for most application. They can be used on blind holes as the nylon covers the bottom end.
- Abrasive nylon wheels – harder abrasive nylon wire are good for tougher burrs.
Cross Hole deburring tools
Cross holes are often time consuming to deburr, they are hard to reach and there was not a huge options of tools ---- until now!
- XEBEC extended tools – theses small ceramic balls and cylinders start at 3mm dimeter with a slim flexible shank, they are excellent for hard to reach cross holes. They are long lasting and leave a smooth 400g finish. Best used with our Eneska 4-1 with a foot control for delicate bores.
- Twist in wire – Flex hones and twist in wire offer brushes in a huge range of sizes and grades so they are suitable for any bore and cross hole application.
The deburring tool you chose to use is only going to work as well as the machine you run it in. Burrs for example will not cut well if they are not run at the correct speed. We offer a huge range of tools which vary in quality and price.
- Air tools – these general have a fixed speed or when speed is lowered then torque is lost. They are cheap to run and easy to use. See our fast running pencil grinder to use with burrs, this is a cheaper option.
- Micro motors – these machines have improved a lot over the year. Most have excellent torque and variable speed control. When using abrasives they will last longer at slower speeds, torque will still be high at slow speeds. Micro motors have lower vibration and noise so offer much more control and have more safety stop options. Extra features like a foot control and reverse rotation allow the operator to have better feel to manipulate the process.
- Bench Grinders / polishers with either a deburring wheel, radial wheel or nylon style wheel allow you to hit a bigger surface area in one go. Moleroda offer a range of machines and consumables.
- Pendant motors - These machines are very cost affective but reliable, if you have a small budget then this is a good option.
No more Dremel /Hobby tools for precision engineers!
LY128 Pendant Motor£15.11 – £178.80 incl VAT Select options
NSK Air Grinder – Impulse NSP-601£332.68 incl VAT Add to basket
Micro Pencil Grinder fast speed PUMA AT-3180 – 70,000rpm£110.40 incl VAT Add to basket
Bench Polisher DSM 150 – 520w 230v – Kit for Deburring or Polishing£5.04 – £247.58 incl VAT Select options
URAWA Micromotor System – Rotary Set, UC250 Control Box & Choice of Handpiece£731.10 – £740.76 incl VAT Select options
Micromotor System MAX FORCE – powerful rotary drill up to 50,000 rpm with 200 Watts£719.99 incl VAT Add to basket
EneskaMicro 600 set NSK micromotor Eneska handpiece and motor for polishing, de-burring and finishing small detailed components£1,723.20 incl VAT Add to basket
Manual process are costly and time consuming and no matter how good the person is it’s hard to be consistent. Vibratory finishing is a very cheap way to process batches of components.
- Rolser machines – we offer very delicate process in vibratory finishing machines which uses very light abrasive media so allowing high precision parts to be deburred whilst retaining a bright machine look finish. We understand that some deburring required is only taking a sharp edge to a precision edge.
- In CNC sequence Or Robotic operated - More and more people are asking for tools to deburring in the machining centre sequence. With cleaver programing and good abrasives this is now readily achievable. Contact us for our advice.
At Moleroda understand our range to tools, we can offer bespoke tools and reliable advice and tips on how to finish your components fast and efficiently.
Call us today or buy online.