What Are Solid Surface Worktops?
A type of material created by DuPont co. in 1967, due to its many good properties it is an ideal material for use in kitchens and bathrooms, mainly as worksurfaces.
Some of its best qualities are here as follows:
- Stain Resistant
- Thermoformable (flexible when heated)
- Non-Porous (does not absorb liquid)
Solid Surface Worktops:
The creation of Corian led to many similar materials being created by other companies. These materials, along with the original Corian, are all classed as solid-surface worktops, and all share the same qualities.
They also share the same basic creation process, just with a different ratio of compounds going into them, meaning they all need finishing to the same high standard.
What Products Do We Offer for finishing solid surface?
Moleroda Finishing Systems are proud to offer a wide range of Micro-Mesh® products for finishing solid surface such as Corian. We now stock their new range of cushioned finishing abrasives, available in formats useful for both industrial finishing of solid surfaces and caring for your solid surface worktop at home.
Aluminium Oxide Finishing Abrasives:
Features for finishing solid surface:
- Can be used on both Poly-Acrylic and Acrylic solid surfaces
- Made from Micro-Mesh®
- An inner cushioning layer is sandwiched between the abrasive crystals and a flexible backing, providing a high-quality finish
- 300AO (similar to P180 grit)
- 600AO (similar to P300 grit)
- 800AO (similar to P600 grit)
- 1500AO (similar to P800 grit)
- 2400AO (similar to P1500 grit)
- 4000AO (similar to P2500 grit 5micron)
- 12000AO (similar to 1 micron ultra fine)
100% Cotton Polishing Cloth for hand polishing plastic and metal surfaces£2.38 incl VAT Add to basket
Micro-Mesh AO 6″ Sanding Disc Kit£16.78 incl VAT Select options
Micro-Mesh Gloss Fine Liquid Abrasives 1 Micron or 5 Micron for plastic and metal£6.60 – £13.42 incl VAT Select options
Micro-Mesh Roll AO Aluminium Oxide 6″ (150mm)£178.80 – £324.00 incl VAT Select options
Micromesh Kitchen & Bath Maintenance Kit 3KBS£40.20 incl VAT Add to basket
Micromesh Solid Surface Countertop Hand Repair Kit£8.40 incl VAT Add to basket
Solid Surface Corian Repair kit – Kitchen and bathroom countertop scratch and burn removal kit£15.85 incl VAT Add to basket
Wool Polishing Pad – Tuf Buf£5.14 – £10.08 incl VAT Select options
What are the Benefits of Micro-Mesh® Solid Surface Finishing Abrasives?
- They may be used wet or dry
- Safe to use with any sander/vacuum
- Material does not burn due to less heat generation
- No need to purchase any special tools due to the versatility of Micro-Mesh®
- Provide a consistent, swirl-free finish
- Because of the range of grades, any finish from matte to high gloss is achievable
- Homeowners can easily remove scratches or blemishes without having to call in a professional
- Washable and reusable