Why do I need an Optivisor?
- Save your eyes, Optivisors help to reduce eye strain
- See clearer when working up close
- Keep your hands free to work
With plenty of counterfeits and cheap knock offs on the market it is worth looking at a well respected visor brand offering high quality lenses and useful add ons. Here at Moleroda we only sell Donegan Optivisors for these reasons.
Donegan Optivisors are a precision binocular headband magnifier that leaves your hands free to work whilst providing excellent three dimensional vision. Using the visor should reduce eye strain common in up close detailed work.
The visor can be comfortably worn over prescription lenses. The visor tilts to allow you to raise and lower it as needed. The headband itself is comfortable to wear with padding inside and a dial at the back to allow the size to be altered. The plastic construction of the visor is tough, with an always-new appearance - all this whilst also being light and easy to wear for long periods.
The lens itself is high quality – you really can’t beat Donegan. The glass lens is ground and polished to precision optical standards—bevel edged and mounted in an interchangeable plastic frame. Lens plates are easily unclipped and switched for different strengths.
Popular particularly with jewellers, embroiderers, fly tiers, doctors, beauticians, artists, illustrators, pharmacists...the list goes on!
How do you choose the Optivisor strength you need?
Firstly it is worth noting that a DA5 is our most popular Optivisor magnification. It is a good starting point, you could always add another lens at a later date.
The other lens plate options are as follows. The DA10 is the strongest and requires you to be close to the work.
The following chart shows each Optivisor strength.
Optional Add Ons
- If you need extra magnification, there is an Auxiliary Lens (Loupe) which attaches to the Optivisor. This works on a pivot, so when extra (6X) magnification is necessary it simply swings down over one eye.
- Have you got enough light? If not, there is a Visor Light which clips onto the visor giving 6000 candle power.
- Individual Lens Plates, keep a selection on hand as they easily pop in and out.